Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Behold

Matthew 28:19-20. The Great Commission.

This is the part of the Gospel story where Jesus charges his followers to: GO into the world, to MAKE disciples, to BAPTIZE, and to TEACH.

And behold, he is with us until the end of the age.

Behold. Means to perceive through sight or apprehension.

Apprehension. : Means anticipation of adversity or misfortune.


So... Jesus is saying, [Proceed] into all the world, [Bringing into existence] people who follow Christ, [help them to become spiritually pure] and [Impart knowledge] to them. [Through your sight] and [though you have anticipation of misfortune], YHWH will be with you, until the end of the age.

I like this. I like that word, behold. I like the break down of it. I like that although we have anticipation of misfortune, he will be with us always. I like that this promise is not dependent upon anything we do, but grounded on who he is. He is the LORD, YHWH,and he is declaring is supremacy by telling us he will be there always.

He is solid. And constant. And there through the end of the age.


2 comments:

  1. He is supreme and so encouragingly relatable. Amazing. Thanks Heath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I already gave you my comment elsewhere, but just checking out your settings! I love you! And love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete