Sunday, August 19, 2012

My picture-free instagram

My London Fog is thick and foamy. I would take a picture and post it on instagram, but I don't do that. It does seem as though we are truly the third grade mantra, "you are what you eat." Today though, I am not a pig, or a crabby patty. Today I am a poached egg, a citrus fruit and a London Fog. I wonder if we just did a journal of our life through pictures of what we ate... how interesting a journal it would be. Where and how we choose to eat determines a lot about who we are. It is the same concept of Forest Gump, and how you can understand people through their shoes.

We all have shoes we long to own and food we desire to eat. But when it comes down to it, it is about the shoes we are wearing right now, and the food we ate today.

Maybe that is why Portland Hipsters instagram all the time. You know the picture: a three photo box in sepia tone, dirty TOMS, a steamy cup of Stumptown and a gluten free Lox bagel. Perhaps they instagram to prove to the world that they really are wearing and eating who they are. And perhaps I don't instagram because I don't want to show the world what I am wearing and eating, because I don't like how it portrays who I am.

A transparency judged on appearance of shoes and food. Today, my instagram would be: Stretched out Birks, citrus fruit, and a cup of London Fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment