Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Class?

Man in a wheel chair.

Appears maybe homeless.

Enters the Max.

People move away. Turn away. Pretend he is not there.

What is this? A caste system??

He asks over and over if anyone will take him to McDonalds.

I watch from far down, no one responds. I move closer. Ask him to repeat his request.

He is just very tired and would love a push to McDonalds.

I gladly say I will push him. Its on my way to my class. Only two blocks away. People back up as if I am not a caste too.

Its not like touching his handlebars will paralyze me. I want to scream at everyone. For not responding to him. For being Jerks.

His name is Bryan, and he had a joyful, thankful heart. We talked about snow.

He asked to buy me a sausage sandwhich.

I decline.

Sausage Sandwhichs were my Grammys favorite.

A random guy looks at me and says I am amazing.

Why?

Because I pushed a guy in a wheel chair when non one else would.

Bryan… I hope to give you a ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment