Thursday, March 1, 2012

On Writing

"Every once in a while, when I write, I feel that feeling of a thousand slender threads coming together, strands of who I've been and who I'm becoming, the long moments at the computer and the tiny bits of courage, the middle of the night prayers and the exact way God made me, not wrong or right, just me. I feel like I'm doing what I came to do, in the biggest sense. That's why I write, because sometimes, every once in a while, I feel entirely at home in the universe, a welcome and wonderful feeling. I could cry at the feeling, because it happens so rarely. Doing the hard work of writing makes me feel like I am paying rent at the cosmic level, doing the thing that I can do to make the world a little better decorated. Writing wakes me up, lights me on fire, opens my eyes to the things I can never see and feel when I am hiding under the covers, cowering and consumed with my own failures and fears. "

Shauna Niequist - Bittersweet p.161-162

I totally agree with and come along side her words, an echo of I AGREE!

1 comment:

  1. true story: I wrote a blog post last night about writing and wanted to use this.very.quote but then realized that you had the book and it was too late to go get it from you. how does this happen? :)

    ReplyDelete