Thursday, February 9, 2012

On writing Books

I often use the phrase, "Someday, when I write a book..."

And I proceed to say what I would write. How the instance that just took place would be re-written, and only slightly exaggerated for the readers entertainment. For a long time, I thought I would just write one book, it would be a mix of my thoughts and stories, kind of like Blue like Jazz. But now, there will be three.

1. The first one will be my thoughts. The lessons I have learned over the years, the things that God has just pounded into my heart, and how they changed me into the person I am today.

2. About my Aunts and family dynamics. I am convinced that my mom, 4 aunts and Grammy make up the best combination of women that ever existed. The stories I have from growing up are enough to keep anyone rolling on the ground with chest pains from laughter, and a shirt drenched in tears.

3. This is my new book. About my house. You put 7 girls in one house, who choose to purposefully live life together, and you have a big book of stories. Every day we find ourselves laughing at our life. At its glories, at its poverty, at the Lords goodness. So a new book is on its way... I just need to be writing some of it down so I don't forget in 30 years when I do get a chance to write this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment