Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Auntie Role

I’m convinced that there is no better status to hold than that of an Aunt. I have 10. 10 glorious, wonderful Aunts. Donna, Sherry, Jan, Mary Jane, Charlene, Joyce, Mary, Tina, and Elaine.  Oh and I love them! I love because of the way they love me, the way they are my friend and mom. The way we have fun, when I was little and still today.

And I am an Aunt too! I have 6 nieces and nephews, but with my brothers foster son in china, and my cousin Mandy’s three, I feel like I have 10. 10 glorious, wonderful nieces and nephews. Solomon, Benjamin, Ellenor, Havilah, Zoe, Esther, An, Dom, Eli and Mia. Oh and I love them! I love the way they love me, the way we are friends, the way we play and have fun.

I think what makes this role the most wonderful is how it is rule breaking. It is like taking the best parts of all other rols, defying any negative sanctions, and justifying every last action.  As an aunt, you can get way with it, just because.

You nurture like a mother

        spoil like a grandma

        tell secrets like an older sister

        train like a teacher

        and play like a friend.

But, at the end of the day, you love like an aunt. And what a joy this is! This caps all other roles, and emotions and trumps all other positions. In this deck, the Aunt Card wins every hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment