Thursday, October 13, 2011

To Enjoy Life.

I am commonly a person who enjoys the things I do. Now, I might not show that emotion to you, it might be hard for you to read me. But, if I am to speak about a thing, I am usually to express joy about it.

My freshman year, my RA was asking me questions, guiding me I think to ponder my future. She asked what I enjoyed doing. And I said, well, everything. I enjoyed doing everything that I did. I enjoyed cleaning toilets at my Janitor job. I enjoyed working with kids and serving behind the scene. I enjoyed being alone and having people in my room. But it got me thinking. Did I really enjoy all these things? Did I enjoy cleaning toilets or was I simply having a good attitude?

I began to understand that day that there is a difference between choosing to enjoy things, and naturally enjoying something because the depths of me was created to enjoy that thing. And I have been on, and am continuing on this journey of discovering the things that I enjoy without trying. This blog will be me processing through that. A look at my life, as I try to figure it out. And as I enjoy it. Come along on the ride with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment